- Filipino miners top Asean Mineral Awards
- Solving the challenge of mine dewatering
- The OceanaGold Story: Bridging the Mining and Agriculture Gap
- Seeing beyond the rhetoric
- Mineral production at P82 billion in 9 months
- Open Pit Mining Ban – Should the Philippines Jump Onto the Bandwagon?
- See you at 4th LNG Supply, Transport & Storage Philippines Forum!
- Cusi to energy investors: Let us fuel the Mindanao economy
- Lepanto starts commercial operation of copper-gold resource
- FNI bares higher mineral resources at Surigao mine
Instant Geochemistry and Mineralogy
Olympus and Cytek offer X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), X-ray Diffraction (XRD) and Microscope Solutions for Earth Science Applications
Olympus provides an end-to-end range of products and solutions for the geoscience industry that enable users to characterize geological materials.
Our products include high-performance portable and small benchtop X-ray fluorescence (XRF) and X-ray diffraction (XRD) analyzers and a range of petrological microscopes. This comprehensive portfolio enables rapid and real-time chemical analysis (XRF), quantitative mineralogy (XRD), and traditional optical mineralogy and petrology, providing a complete and cost-effective material characterization solution.
Mineralogy by X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
Olympus provides the world’s only portable, battery operated XRD analyzer as well as benchtop XRD analyzers for fast, accurate quantitative mineralogy and mineral phase identification in a small, low-cost form factor. These unique instruments benefit from fast and simple sample preparation due to a patented sample vibration chamber, which results in a superb X-ray diffraction pattern and significantly reduces preferred orientation effects associated with traditional XRD systems.
Key features include:
• Very small benchtop and portable systems
• Patented technology developed by NASA for the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) Curiosity Rover
• Only requires a 15mg, 150m powdered sample
• No need for water cooling or a large power supply (Peltier cooling and battery operation)
• Embedded software operated via Wi-Fi for flexible user control and data handling
• Fast acquisition time (only several minutes)
Chemistry by X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
Olympus provides a range of high-performance portable XRF analyzers to quickly, accurately, and precisely determine the chemistry of samples in situ or in the lab.
Key features include:
• A variety of models to suit your budget and application
• Optimized hardware (X-ray tube, detector, and electronics) for the best detection limits, light element performance, and sampling speed
• Analyze elements from Mg (z=12) to Uranium (z=92)
• Rugged, fit-for-purpose industrial designs
• Intuitive software and data products
• Supported by an industry-leading team of application experts
Mineralogy and Petrology by Optical Microscopy
Olympus also provides a full range of upright microscopes for use in routine mineralogical and petrological investigations.
Key features include:
• A range of models, from cost-effective binocular microscopes, student, and academic configurations, to high-end customized research platforms
• Both transmitted light (for gangue/silicate mineralogy) and reflected light (for opaque/sulfide mineralogy) options combined with polarization accessories for orthoscopic and conoscopic observations
• Strain-free objectives with an antireflection coating for high-quality polarized light imaging and a choice of digital camera options for real-time image acquisition with excellent color reproduction, combined with advanced image analysis software for applications such as phase analysis
• Modular design for application-specific customization
Key Industries and Applications
• Education, academia, and research (archeology, agriculture, geology, geochemistry, mineralogy, environmental science, metallurgy, mineral processing, chemical and mining engineering)
• Mineral exploration and prospecting – greenfields and brownfields
• Mining operations – resource definition and grade control
• Mineral processing, extractive metallurgy, and geo-metallurgy
• Environmental monitoring, remediation, and mine closure
• Geological surveys and other related government departments
• Industrial minerals / strategic metals
• Petroleum – traditional and nonconventional oil and gas exploration. PRJ