- DOE: 9 more petroleum service contracts to be awarded
- Philex Mining hoping to extend Padcal mine life span beyond 2022
- Chamber: PH mining uncertainties attracting high risk investors
- DENR: Not business as usual for miners that hurdled MICC review
- Site observes new opportunities in resurgent oil and gas sector
- Miners call for end of ban on big new projects
- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
Romualdez steps down from Benguet Corp., Chamber posts
The president and chief executive officer of listed Benguet Corp. has decided to resign from his post due to health reasons, The Philippine Star reported August 25.
In a regulatory filing, the company said its board has approved the early retirement of Benjamin Philip Romualdez effective Wednesday, Aug. 23.
He also stepped down as director and vice chairman of the company’s board.
Benguet Corp. said Romualdez has been on leave of absence from the company since January 2014 which was extended indefinitely until his early retirement.
Romualdez will be replaced by Leopoldo Sison III, who serves as the company’s vice president for nickel operations.
Romualdez also served as the president of the Chamber of Mines of the Philippines but had already stepped down earlier this month.
Former COMP legal and policy vice president Ronald Recidoro is temporarily officer-in-charge for the country’s mining group.
Benguet Corp. is among the 28 mining companies ordered for closure by former environment chief Gina Lopez in an intensified crackdown during her 10-month stint.
The company filed its motion for reconsideration but is yet to receive any decision on the matter.