- LNG Supply, Transport & Storage Philippines on November 8-10
- Cusi to energy investors: Let us fuel the Mindanao economy
- Lepanto starts commercial operation of copper-gold resource
- FNI bares higher mineral resources at Surigao mine
- Senator pitches ‘FOI for mining’ bill; PH meets global EITI standards
- Cimatu to propose legislation on open-pit mining
- PH should give foreign investors more leeway – NEDA chief
- Miners to Duterte: Visit rehabilitated mine pits
- Marcventures plans merger with 2 other miners
- Chamber of Mines picks Brimo as new chair, names other trustees
Marcventures plans merger with 2 other miners
Marcventures Holdings said it would merge with Asia Pilot Mining Philippines and BrightGreen Resources Holdings, with the company as the surviving entity, ABS-CBN reported on Sept. 11.
The nickel ore producer told the stock exchange that it would issue 1.125 billion shares at par value of P1 per share, 675 million of which in favor of Asia Pilot and the remaining 450 million to BrightGreen.
Marcventures said the deal would help it diversify its portfolio.
Asia Pilot owns Alumina Mining Philippines and Bauxite Resources, which mine bauxite ore, a raw material for aluminum, Marventures said.
BrightGreen, on the other hand, will help Marcventures increase its nickel reserves for a possible foray into nickel processing, it said.
The company’s subsidiary, Marcventures Mining and Development Corporation, holds a mining permit for 4,7999 hectares of land in Cantilan, Carrascal, and Madrid municipalities in Surigao Del Sur, according to its website. It produces nickel ore for export to China.