- Filipino miners top Asean Mineral Awards
- Solving the challenge of mine dewatering
- The OceanaGold Story: Bridging the Mining and Agriculture Gap
- Seeing beyond the rhetoric
- Mineral production at P82 billion in 9 months
- Open Pit Mining Ban – Should the Philippines Jump Onto the Bandwagon?
- See you at 4th LNG Supply, Transport & Storage Philippines Forum!
- Cusi to energy investors: Let us fuel the Mindanao economy
- Lepanto starts commercial operation of copper-gold resource
- FNI bares higher mineral resources at Surigao mine
Marcventures plans merger with 2 other miners
Marcventures Holdings said it would merge with Asia Pilot Mining Philippines and BrightGreen Resources Holdings, with the company as the surviving entity, ABS-CBN reported on Sept. 11.
The nickel ore producer told the stock exchange that it would issue 1.125 billion shares at par value of P1 per share, 675 million of which in favor of Asia Pilot and the remaining 450 million to BrightGreen.
Marcventures said the deal would help it diversify its portfolio.
Asia Pilot owns Alumina Mining Philippines and Bauxite Resources, which mine bauxite ore, a raw material for aluminum, Marventures said.
BrightGreen, on the other hand, will help Marcventures increase its nickel reserves for a possible foray into nickel processing, it said.
The company’s subsidiary, Marcventures Mining and Development Corporation, holds a mining permit for 4,7999 hectares of land in Cantilan, Carrascal, and Madrid municipalities in Surigao Del Sur, according to its website. It produces nickel ore for export to China.