- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
- Shortlist Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
- High prices help PH mine production value hit P108.6 B in 2017
- Why leading investors are backing gold
- Green Acres eyeing growing hydro seeding opportunities
- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
Silangan’s Perez named new Marcventures president
Yulo Perez will be the next president and chief executive of Marcventures Mining and Development Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marcventures Holdings Inc., effective upon his exit from his current engagement with Silangan Mindanao Mining Company Inc.
Perez will replace Arsenio Sebial, who retired on September 30, 2017, Manila Standard reported Oct. 9.
“With his depth of experience and track record, I expect Perez to help us solidify our current operations in MMDC and bring Marcventures to the next level, especially in the development onto commercial operations of our prospective nickel mine in Surigao and two Bauxite mines in Western Samar,” MHI president Isidro Alcantara, Jr. said.
Perez is presently the president and COO of SMMCI. He has 37 years of experience managing mining operations here and abroad, including 11 years with PT INCO Indonesia (now called PT Vale Indonesia), one of the largest nickel laterite operations in the world.