- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
- SMC buys Masinloc power plant for $1.9b
- Chamber of Mines adopts Canadian sustainable mining initiative
- Mines and Money Asia unwraps in April
- Filipino miners top Asean Mineral Awards
- Solving the challenge of mine dewatering
- The OceanaGold Story: Bridging the Mining and Agriculture Gap
- Seeing beyond the rhetoric
- Mineral production at P82 billion in 9 months
Silangan’s Perez named new Marcventures president
Yulo Perez will be the next president and chief executive of Marcventures Mining and Development Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marcventures Holdings Inc., effective upon his exit from his current engagement with Silangan Mindanao Mining Company Inc.
Perez will replace Arsenio Sebial, who retired on September 30, 2017, Manila Standard reported Oct. 9.
“With his depth of experience and track record, I expect Perez to help us solidify our current operations in MMDC and bring Marcventures to the next level, especially in the development onto commercial operations of our prospective nickel mine in Surigao and two Bauxite mines in Western Samar,” MHI president Isidro Alcantara, Jr. said.
Perez is presently the president and COO of SMMCI. He has 37 years of experience managing mining operations here and abroad, including 11 years with PT INCO Indonesia (now called PT Vale Indonesia), one of the largest nickel laterite operations in the world.