- 5th Mining Investment Asia shines the spotlight on South East Asian Mining Sector
- Colossal Petroleum’s oil exploration bid nixed
- Mining town gets P37-M water project
- Transco to settle P2-b debt with renewable power plants
- SMC-Meralco consortium investing P99b in coal plant
- Marcventures: Bauxite reserves of 73.2 million WMT in Samar
- Moratorium on new PH mines stays for now
- KEPCO Makes Foray into Renewable Energy Market in the Philippines
- Energy Deal Deepens Once Unimagined Sino-Philippine Friendship
- Recto Bank drilling likely to trigger oil exploration moratorium lifting
Silangan’s Perez named new Marcventures president
Yulo Perez will be the next president and chief executive of Marcventures Mining and Development Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marcventures Holdings Inc., effective upon his exit from his current engagement with Silangan Mindanao Mining Company Inc.
Perez will replace Arsenio Sebial, who retired on September 30, 2017, Manila Standard reported Oct. 9.
“With his depth of experience and track record, I expect Perez to help us solidify our current operations in MMDC and bring Marcventures to the next level, especially in the development onto commercial operations of our prospective nickel mine in Surigao and two Bauxite mines in Western Samar,” MHI president Isidro Alcantara, Jr. said.
Perez is presently the president and COO of SMMCI. He has 37 years of experience managing mining operations here and abroad, including 11 years with PT INCO Indonesia (now called PT Vale Indonesia), one of the largest nickel laterite operations in the world.