- PHILCONSTRUCT 2018 comes to Manila after successful Davao swing
- Mining sector accounts for 2.78% of Bicol GDP
- DENR to open more mining areas
- 14 foreign firms eyeing PH petroleum search contracts
- SMC unveils plan to build 10K MW of renewables
- MGB cites mining company’s CSR program in Surigao
- Benguet’s gold processing plant underutilized
- Chamber invites Duterte to ‘responsible’ mining sites
- MVP firm ready to submit proposal to develop LNG terminal
- DENR lifts moratorium on mines exploration
Silangan’s Perez named new Marcventures president
Yulo Perez will be the next president and chief executive of Marcventures Mining and Development Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marcventures Holdings Inc., effective upon his exit from his current engagement with Silangan Mindanao Mining Company Inc.
Perez will replace Arsenio Sebial, who retired on September 30, 2017, Manila Standard reported Oct. 9.
“With his depth of experience and track record, I expect Perez to help us solidify our current operations in MMDC and bring Marcventures to the next level, especially in the development onto commercial operations of our prospective nickel mine in Surigao and two Bauxite mines in Western Samar,” MHI president Isidro Alcantara, Jr. said.
Perez is presently the president and COO of SMMCI. He has 37 years of experience managing mining operations here and abroad, including 11 years with PT INCO Indonesia (now called PT Vale Indonesia), one of the largest nickel laterite operations in the world.