- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
- Shortlist Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
- High prices help PH mine production value hit P108.6 B in 2017
- Why leading investors are backing gold
- Green Acres eyeing growing hydro seeding opportunities
- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
Philippine Resources Journal is your best source of information and insights on the various resource industries of the Philippines.
We are the magazine that the key people in mining, petroleum, renewable energy and other resource industries rely upon for news and feature coverage of their businesses – including new and ongoing projects, exploration and development, company activities and profiles, technological advances, people on the move, conferences and expos, and other important updates.
This year, we invite those who work at or live around any extractive project in the Philippines, at any stage of development, to our first photography contest.
Winning photographs will appear on our 2018 covers!
The editors may develop a story to accompany any winning image that appears on the magazine’s cover.
Photographs should be appropriate for the cover of Philippine Resources Journal in both subject and quality. Entries should be of the Philippines, taken within the last 6 months, high-resolution, and free of any watermarks and overlays. Photo entries should email with a simple description (what, where, when, etc.)
Photo entries should be sent via file sharing app Google Drive or Dropbox. Share the file by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover photos are best shot vertically, at least 20cm by 24cm
• Please send the highest quality/largest size image possible
• Photos MUST be saved at 300 dpi or higher, otherwise, it most likely will not be considered
• Please do not distort the image by applying photo filters or effects
• The logo on the cover accounts for two inches at the top of the page, the best entries will consider this space
• We recommend using a 5-megapixel digital camera or better and use the highest quality setting when you shoot. If you use a camera phone, please change the camera settings to the highest possible quality setting and export the image from your phone at full size.
Terms and Conditions
By entering this contest, you grant Philippine Resources Journal non-exclusive, unlimited license to reproduce your submitted images in print and/or digital format.
The judges’ decision is final. Winners will be notified by email. All entrants are deemed to have accepted and are bound by the competition rules.
• Submit an original photo (color or black & white) related to the extractive industry. Each photo may be entered only once. A person can submit multiple entries, each as a separate entry.
• Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. Photos entered may be the work of a professional photographer or amateur hobbyist.
• Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original, non-published work that does not infringe on the privacy, intellectual property, or other rights of any third parties and that the entrant either owns or has rights to convey any and all right and title in the submitted photo, or, in the case of a professional photographer, will obtain such rights upon request. Winners will be required to provide a signed transfer of copyright from the photographer.
• All photo contest entrants (including those whose entries are not winning or finalist photographs), by entering the contest, grant Philippine Resources Journal a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to publish their submitted photos and to republish them at any time in the future in any and all Philippine Resources Journal media (including but not limited to magazines, books, and websites).
• Photo entries should email with a simple description (what, where, when, etc.)
• Only photos submitted following the directions and in electronic .jpg, .gif, or .tiff format, with images at least 300 dpi or larger, will be considered as online entries. Higher-resolution versions may be requested for photos being considered as finalists.