- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
- Shortlist Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
- High prices help PH mine production value hit P108.6 B in 2017
- Why leading investors are backing gold
- Green Acres eyeing growing hydro seeding opportunities
- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
Winners Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
A key feature of the annual Mines and Money Asia conference, which took place in Hong Kong last week, was the announcement of the official winners of the Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards recognising both companies and individuals for their notable achievements in mining and finance for the past year.
This year’s ceremony took place on Wednesday 4 April at Loft 22 in Hong Kong’s trendy Lan Kwai Fong district and was the 11th annual time these awards have been handed out to celebrate the best of the best operating across the resources sector in the Asian region.
Awards were presented to successful nominees in the following categories:
Asia-Pacific Mining Exploration Company of the Year
- Ceylon Graphite
Asia Pacific Exploration Mining Executive of the Year
- Nicholas Mather, Chief Executive Officer, SolGold
Asia-Pacific Mining Deal of The Year
Sponsored by Argonaut
- Rio Tinto sale of Coal and Allied to Yancoal for US$2.45bn
Asia Pacific Mining Executive of the Year
Sponsored by AER International
- Li Chaochun, Chief Executive Officer, China Moly
Asia-Pacific Mining Company of the Year
North-America Mining Executive of the Year
Sponsored by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Steve Letwin, Chief Executive Officer, IAMGOLD
Mike Hill, Head of Commercial Development Asia for Mines and Money said that the calibre of entrants was so high that the 23-strong judging panel including Andrew Stewart, MD & CEO of Xanadu Mines, Kevin McElligott, MD – Australia of Franco-Nevada Corporation and Warren Gilman, Chairman & CEO of CEF Holdings, found it difficult to determine only one winner for as the nominees were closely contested.
“Congratulations to the winners for their outstanding endeavours and respective achievements, which helped distinguish them from the record numbers of nominations that were vigorously adjudicated by the judging panel,” Mr Hill said.
To see all the photos from the evening please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2104271049787954.1073741830.1490218081193257&type=1&l=1d10dfe533