- PH’s Ayala, Singapore’s TBC in 1.5GW wind power play
- Large-scale mining helps town income zoom 6,000%
- Is the Philippines protected against a financial crisis?
- PH opens oil, gas investment benchmarking talks with Indonesia
- 9 suspended mines can resume work if conditions met
- Is mining taxation’s purpose to create more taxation?
- 12 mining firms fail DENR review
- DoE to launch new energy contracting round this week
- PH, Papua New Guinea to launch joint economic, trade committee
- Chinese analysts: Beijing-Manila energy search shows how to turn conflict into cooperation
Sagittarius Mines maintains ISO 14001: 2015 certification
Sagittarius Mines, Inc. has maintained its certification to ISO 14001: 2015 after having successfully demonstrated continuing compliance with all the requirements of the international standard for an effective environmental management system, the company reported on its website.
Following a surveillance audit conducted on April 26-27, 2018, auditors from TUV Rheinland Philippines found that SMI continued to conform to the requirements of ISO 14001 standards. Positive findings were noted and opportunities for improvement identified to ensure that the company continues to improve its environmental performance.
SMI President Mr. Joaquin Lagonera said that the favorable result of the audit is important for SMI as it affirms the company’s commitment to sustainable environmental management practices at all stages of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project.
“The maintenance of our ISO certification not only demonstrates SMI’s full compliance with regulatory requirements, but also our commitment to advance the Tampakan Project in accordance with the highest environmental, social and economic standards of responsible and sustainable mining,” Mr. Lagonera said.
SMI’s EMS provides a systematic framework for identifying environmental impacts of its activities. It also sets up commitments and targets, as well as regular monitoring to ensure that it continually improves its environmental performance.
The internationally acknowledged ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certification recognizes companies that have adopted responsible environmental management practices in their business processes. SMI obtained its ISO 14001: 2015 certification in May 2017.