- Vires Energy pushes LNG power project
- Metro Pacific poised to bag P22-b Payatas waste-to-energy deal
- China’s State Grid brings solar power to Zambales homes
- Angara to Senate: Pass ‘gold bill’ to boost PH foreign reserves
- Solon wants creation of strategic fuel reserves
- Canadian miner hits record gold output at Masbate mine
- MICC to audit mining sector anew by March
- SoCot nets P31-M in mining, quarry taxes in 2018
- Faith Garden In Marcventures Mine’s Rehab Area
- Chamber of Mines renews call for crackdown on illegal small-scale mining
Sagittarius Mines maintains ISO 14001: 2015 certification
Sagittarius Mines, Inc. has maintained its certification to ISO 14001: 2015 after having successfully demonstrated continuing compliance with all the requirements of the international standard for an effective environmental management system, the company reported on its website.
Following a surveillance audit conducted on April 26-27, 2018, auditors from TUV Rheinland Philippines found that SMI continued to conform to the requirements of ISO 14001 standards. Positive findings were noted and opportunities for improvement identified to ensure that the company continues to improve its environmental performance.
SMI President Mr. Joaquin Lagonera said that the favorable result of the audit is important for SMI as it affirms the company’s commitment to sustainable environmental management practices at all stages of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project.
“The maintenance of our ISO certification not only demonstrates SMI’s full compliance with regulatory requirements, but also our commitment to advance the Tampakan Project in accordance with the highest environmental, social and economic standards of responsible and sustainable mining,” Mr. Lagonera said.
SMI’s EMS provides a systematic framework for identifying environmental impacts of its activities. It also sets up commitments and targets, as well as regular monitoring to ensure that it continually improves its environmental performance.
The internationally acknowledged ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certification recognizes companies that have adopted responsible environmental management practices in their business processes. SMI obtained its ISO 14001: 2015 certification in May 2017.