- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
- Shortlist Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
- High prices help PH mine production value hit P108.6 B in 2017
- Why leading investors are backing gold
- Green Acres eyeing growing hydro seeding opportunities
- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
Sagittarius Mines maintains ISO 14001: 2015 certification
Sagittarius Mines, Inc. has maintained its certification to ISO 14001: 2015 after having successfully demonstrated continuing compliance with all the requirements of the international standard for an effective environmental management system, the company reported on its website.
Following a surveillance audit conducted on April 26-27, 2018, auditors from TUV Rheinland Philippines found that SMI continued to conform to the requirements of ISO 14001 standards. Positive findings were noted and opportunities for improvement identified to ensure that the company continues to improve its environmental performance.
SMI President Mr. Joaquin Lagonera said that the favorable result of the audit is important for SMI as it affirms the company’s commitment to sustainable environmental management practices at all stages of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project.
“The maintenance of our ISO certification not only demonstrates SMI’s full compliance with regulatory requirements, but also our commitment to advance the Tampakan Project in accordance with the highest environmental, social and economic standards of responsible and sustainable mining,” Mr. Lagonera said.
SMI’s EMS provides a systematic framework for identifying environmental impacts of its activities. It also sets up commitments and targets, as well as regular monitoring to ensure that it continually improves its environmental performance.
The internationally acknowledged ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certification recognizes companies that have adopted responsible environmental management practices in their business processes. SMI obtained its ISO 14001: 2015 certification in May 2017.