- P41-m upland road project in Didipio begins
- Visit gives Cimatu good impression of firm’s Masbate mining operation
- Cimatu to speak at Mining Luncheon on June 8
- Ban on export of unprocessed mine ore won’t work, experts say
- Shortlist Announced: Mines and Money Asia Outstanding Achievement Awards
- High prices help PH mine production value hit P108.6 B in 2017
- Why leading investors are backing gold
- Green Acres eyeing growing hydro seeding opportunities
- PHOTO CONTEST | No Filter: Harnessing the transformational impacts of natural resources — as seen from the ground
- 4th Mining Investment Asia Conference to feature new topics of Mining Technology & Cryptocurrency
Duterte congratulates Cebuanos for oil, gas production
ALEGRIA, Cebu — President Rodrigo R. Duterte on Saturday congratulated the Cebuanos for the oil and gas production in Alegria, Cebu.
The President led the ceremonial opening of the oil and gas production of the Alegria Oilfield Polyard-3 Well Site together with Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi, Alegria Mayor Verna Magallon, Cebu 7th District Rep. Peter John Calderon, Vice Governor Agnes Magpale , China International Mining & Petroleum Company, Ltd (CIMP) chairman Lam Nam, and Communication Secretary Martin Andanar.
Duterte said Cebuanos can now move forward with their own supply of oil to support the province’s economic development.
The President said Cebu should ensure that its internal oil requirement is secured first.
He, however, reminded Cebuanos not to forget to share the resources to nearby provinces like Bohol, Negros and Leyte.
“Prepare for an expansive human and economic development. Madaghan na (It will increase),” Duterte said. “So prepare for that… and do not forget your fellowmen.”
With the development of the Oilfield, the President urged the town officials of Alegria to improve its urban planning.
“You have to spend the money locally, infrastructure, improve the living conditions, getting somebody into a gainful employment tanan-tanan,” Duterte said.
“It is a magnet that draws people together. But since we are Filipinos, you should accommodate them and partake of the bounties of what God has given us in the bowels of the earth,” Duterte said.
Secretary Cusi said the two wells of Alegria Oil Field can produce a total of 360 barrels per day. Each well can produce 180 barrels every day.
He said it serves as a major breakthrough in the Philippine oil and gas industry.
Cusi said initial study shows the oil field can support a 60-MW plant, which can help improve the power supply of the Visayas region.
“It will help the economy because it will support the local industry using crude oil. That will be a big help even though it’s only 360 barrels because it is still a positive development,” Cusi said.
The said oilfield covers a total area of 197,000 hectares with about 42,749 hectares devoted to the production area.
The oilfield is currently operated by China International Mining Petroleum Company Ltd. with its partners Skywealth Group Holdings Ltd. and Phil-Mal Energy International Inc. in a US$30.80 million investment.