- Asia’s largest mining investment forum now on its 12th year
- PH’s Ayala, Singapore’s TBC in 1.5GW wind power play
- Large-scale mining helps town income zoom 6,000%
- Is the Philippines protected against a financial crisis?
- PH opens oil, gas investment benchmarking talks with Indonesia
- 9 suspended mines can resume work if conditions met
- Is mining taxation’s purpose to create more taxation?
- 12 mining firms fail DENR review
- DoE to launch new energy contracting round this week
- PH, Papua New Guinea to launch joint economic, trade committee
Days before a state visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Philippine government is scrambling to...
By Joshua Rotbart, J. Rotbart & Co. In the last few months, I visited Manila on...
China and the Philippines are poised to bring their economic cooperation into a new era, and...
More Economic Commentary
Senate bill proposes development authority for Philippine Rise
THE Philippine Rise off the Pacific coast of northern Luzon could serve as a...
- Posted October 25, 2018
PH’s metals output falls but value higher at P55 B
Improved metal prices in the world market resulted to a slight uptick on the...
- Posted September 10, 2018
ADB says Philippines’ dramatic economic growth to continue
The government’s infrastructure programme will ensue the Philippines’ economic growth will sustain its quick...
- Posted June 20, 2018
Philippine mining industry takes steps to conform with global standards
(Special report by The Philippine Star/Louise Maureen Simeon) While the Philippine mining industry continues...
- Posted May 8, 2018
S. Cotabato mining, quarry revenues reach P17M
GENERAL SANTOS CITY — The provincial government of South Cotabato has collected nearly PhP17...
- Posted December 19, 2017
The OceanaGold Story: Bridging the Mining and Agriculture Gap
By Maria Paula Tolentino During a visit to Kasibu, Nueva Vizcaya, the Philippine...
- Posted November 22, 2017
Open Pit Mining Ban – Should the Philippines Jump Onto the Bandwagon?
By Fernando Penarroyo Fernando “Ronnie” Penarroyo is the Managing Partner of Puno and...
- Posted November 17, 2017